Online Registration Open – Click here for Registration Information >>
Conference presentations will be conducted in English with French and Arabic simultaneous translation services.
Les présentations de la conférence se dérouleront en anglais avec des services de traduction simultanée en français et en arabe.
ستعقد عروض المؤتمر باللغة الإنجليزية مع خدمات الترجمة الفورية الفرنسية والعربية
Tuesday 19th March 2019
Opening Welcome to World Border Security Congress
Chairman of behalf of the World Border Security Congress
Minister of Interior, Morocco
Ana Fonseca, Head of Mission in Morocco, IOM
Ms Rasa Ostrauskaite, OSCE Secretariat / Co-ordinator of Activities to Address Transnational Threats , OSCE
John Rodriguez, Executive Member, European Association of Airport & Seaport Police (EAASP)
– Khalid Zerouali, Wali, Director of Migration and Border Surveillance, Morocco
– Senior Representative, African Union ECOSOCC
– Captain Junaid Abdullahi, Executive Secretary, Border Communities Development Agency (BCDA)
3.30pm-4.00pm – Networking Coffee Break
4:00pm – 5:30pm
Plenary Session – Identifying and Understanding the Latest and Evolving Threats and Challenges for Border Agencies
As border management techniques and technologies evolve, so too will the threats as criminal gangs, terrorists, traffickers and smugglers develop new ways to evade detection. Identifying and understanding new threats and disseminating information to frontline agencies and partners is key to future success.
– Combatting Illicit Trafficking in Cultural Property – Gorancho Stojkowski, Border Security and Management Unit, Transnational Threats Department (TNTD), Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe (OSCE)
– Illicit Goods and Narcotics Trafficking Challenges in Morocco and the Mediterranean – Ahmed Adnane Dahmani, Head of Division of Prevention, Customs Administration and Indirect Taxes, Morocco
– Wayne Salzgaber, Director, INTERPOL Washington
– Small Arms and Light Weapons and its link to border security – Gabor Kemeny, Project Co-ordinator (ExB), Public Safety and Community Outreach Department, OSCE – Mission to Skopje
– Migration Challenges – Bangladesh Perspective – Major General Md. Shafeenul Islam ndc, psc, Director General of Border Guard Bangladesh
– Immigration & border security challenges in Kenya – Alexander Muteshi Imbezi, The Director of Immigration Services, Government of Kenya