WE LOOK FORWARD TO WELCOMING YOU – 25th-27th APRIL 2023
The Technology Workshops at the World Border Security Congress enable you to discover some of the latest and emerging technologies and solutions from leading solution providers in border security, protection and management.
Advancements in technology are assisting in the battle to maintain safe and secure international travel. The border security professional still remains the front line against these threats.
The Technology Workshops will play a pivotal role in showcasing innovations, covering a range of technological solutions for land, sea and air borders.
Wednesday 26th April
- Transforming the real-time data at borders into actionable intelligence – Ygor Lutz, Co-Founder & Chief Partnership, Travizory
- From Edit Distance to Neural Networks: Understanding Name Screening Technologies – Philip Blair, Senior Research Engineer, Babel Street
- Border Surveillance at Scale – Dimitrios Kottas, CEO/Founder, Lambda Automata
- Aviation Security Evolution in Iraq: Challenges and Opportunities with an Eye on the Future of Border Management – Ali Hussein Nasser, Aviation Security Quality Control Manager, Iraqi National Inspector, and Instructor, Iraqi Civil Aviation Authority (ICAA) & Yazan Alwashah, Operations Manager, CRDF Global
- Transforming the real-time data at borders into actionable intelligence – Mikael Ibáñez Lavesson, Tech Sales / Product Specialist, MSAB
- Access the Truth to Accelerate Digital Investigations – Luigi Portaluri, Director South Europe, Grayshift
- Melissa Odegaard, Director, Marketing, S2 Global
2.00pm – 3.30pm
- Long range, gapless and persistent border surveillance using buried optical fiber – David Hill, Chief Technology Officer, Sintela Ltd
- X-ray diffraction – innovative technology for detecting drugs – Thierry Ball, Global Business Development Director Smiths Detection
- Automation Reliability, Human-Machine System Performance and Operator Compliance: A Study with Airport Security Screeners supported by Automated Explosive Detection Systems – Sara Bracceschi, Head of Consulting & Services, Customs, Center for Adaptive Security Research and Applications (CASRA)
- Public Safety and Personal Safety – The one-two punch of LES technology – Eleanor Benson, VP Sales EMEA, Integrated Biometrics
- The new and agile way of sending API and PNR Passenger Data to governments – Jonas Oijevaar, Head of Product Marketing & MarCom, WCC Group
- Karan Khurana, Head, Business Development – Europe & Asia, Elistair
- Sandra Slavinec, CEO, Doculus Lumus