WE LOOK FORWARD TO WELCOMING YOU – 17th-19th MAY 2022
The Technology Workshops at the World Border Security Congress enable you to discover some of the latest and emerging technologies and solutions from leading solution providers in border security, protection and management.
Advancements in technology are assisting in the battle to maintain safe and secure international travel. The border security professional still remains the front line against these threats.
The Technology Workshops will play a pivotal role in showcasing innovations, covering a range of technological solutions for land, sea and air borders.
Wednesday 18th May
- Commercialisation of EU funded research for border security: obstacles and opportunities – Marina Tzvetkova, Scientific Project Officer, Joint Research Centre
- Project FOLDOUT – Detecting Illegal Cross Border Activities – Urszula Młodziejowska-Seredyn, Polish Border Guards
- Why governments should adopt Digital Travel Credentials to Accelerate Border Controls – Nesan Jegasothy, Senior Product Manager, SITA
- Solve the problem before it appears at your borders. With biometric self-identification of travelers – Alan Henderson, Business Development Manager, Innovatrics
- Mobility in biometrics is key – but does it work? – Roberto Wolfer, CEO, Jenetric
- DNA-based biometrics for human identification and verification purposes – use case for border control and migration management – Stefan Sauter, Senior Product Manager, Veridos GmbH
- How Latest Biometrics Innovations address 21st Century Transnational Border Problems? – Juan Manuel Segura, Director of Innovation, Securiport LLC
2.00pm – 3.30pm
- Promoting and Sustaining Innovation: The Critical Interface Between Government and the Private Sector – Kay Olive, Founder & Technical Advisor, Border Security Technology Consortium
- What You Are Seeing Is not Exactly What Was Scanned: The Challenges of X-ray Image Analysis and the Value of Training – Sara Bracceschi, Head of Consulting Services, Customs, CASRA
- Border clearance new paradigm – Nicolas Phan, Market manager | Border Control, IDEMIA
- Enhancing security at the border with biometric technology and automation – Jean-Francois Lennon, Vice-President Strategic Sales and Global Partnerships, Vision-Box
- Passenger screening in the new normal: advance health and security risk assessment for greater facilitation and secure borders – Renaud Irminger, CEO, Travizory
- Leveraging Technology & Data for Smarter Border Security – Thierry Ball, Ports and Borders, Global Business Development Manager, Smiths Detection