Thank you to everyone who submitted an abstract, we will be in contact soon.
Although the programme will consider all aspects for discussion, and you are encouraged to submit your abstract for review, particular topics for discussion and focus to be considered will be:
– Latest threats from cross border cyber crime, returning foreign fighters, terrorism infiltration, illegal migration
– Challenges in the trafficking of illicit goods, artefacts, narcotics, small arms
– Trafficking in Human Beings by transnational criminal gangs has expanded not declined despite the billions that have been spent by national governments and institutions such as IOM, OSCE, INTERPOL
– Identity management and biometric challenges
– Countering border threats as a result of the so called “war on terror” & “the war on drugs” is without end despite the billions spend in human resources and treasure
– How can border administrations better share information and data under increasing pressure from privacy laws?
– Border surveillance techniques and systems
– Is it possible to enhance the protection and management of extended land borders? What are the solutions?
– How can border agencies enhance border security and improve results, whilst under increasing pressure of resources?
– Standardization of systems such as trusted traveller programs has not occurred despite lots and lots of talk at ICAO, IATA, etc.
– How can small country border administrations ensure their effectiveness against growing criminality and terrorist threats?
– Maritime, port and coastal border security: How can we best guard the coast and major ports from international organised criminal activities, including human trafficking and drug smuggling?
– Illegal migrant numbers and movements have not declined over the last 20 years they have actually increased despite a plethora of national and international agreements to manage the problem
– Ease of travel for bona fide travellers has not become less burdensome it has become more complicated despite new technologies such as biometrics, e-visas
– The costs of delivering streamlined safety and security at airports, border points and seaports has not gone down despite all the promises of politicos the world over
If you have any queries please contact:
World Border Congress