Online Registration Open – Click here for Registration Information >>
The World Border Security Congress aims to promote collaboration, inter-agency cooperation and information/intelligence sharing amongst border agencies and agencies at the border to better engage and tackle the increasing threats and cross border security challenges that pertain in today’s global environment.
Border agencies and agencies at the border can benefit from the ‘Closed Agency Only Workshops’ with a series of behind closed door discussion and working group opportunities.
This years provisional Closed Agency Only Workshop topics include:
International Border Security Challenges – Operational Planning and Rapid Reaction
Preparing for unforseen operational spikes in border activity is essential, from the development of rapid reaction teams to sharing operational intelligence on the ground. This session aims to discuss and share experience and operational techniques.
Chaired by: International Organization for Migration
– Common Police Operations in the WB region – Rok Derenčin, Project Manager, DCAF
– Challenges of rapid reaction in Niger – Tidjani Katiella, Governor of Tillabéri Region, South-Western Niger & David Al-Ghabid, Security Advisor, Nigerien Prime Minister’s Office
– Jean Montal-Vilette, Head of Interoperability Unit, EUCAP Sahel
Biometrics – The way forward
Biometrics technology has come of age and is now in widespread use in border control applications around the world. However, there are still practical issues around privacy, data protection, information sharing and best practice. This workshop will discuss these challenges and issues surrounding implementation.
Chaired by: Organization for Security & Co-operation in Europe (OSCE)
Information Exchange and Cooperation
Everyone agrees that the sharing information is essential for secure borders. How can we manage data to insure its security and interity, whilst implementing a system of data exchange based on trust to make this a viable and enhance border management?
Chaired by: Moroccan Ministry of Interior
– Comprehensive cooperation with source and transit countries – Alvaro Rodriguez-Gaya, Senior Specialist, European Migrant Smuggling Center (EMSC), EUROPOL
– Internsational Co-operation to support the Libyan Border Security – Romana Fabbro, Border Advisor, European Union Integrated Border Assistance Mission (EUBAM LIBYA)
By further encouraging such collaboration, cooperation and sharing of information between agencies, the World Border Security Congress aims to promote safer, more secure borders.
FOR BORDER AGENCIES AND AGENCIES AT THE BORDER ONLY – If you are interested in participating in the Closed Agency Only Workshops, in order to obtain clearance to attend the Closed Workshops, please register via the Online Agency Registration to begin the approval process.